Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Countdown


Wow wow wow. Crazy but true, we're almost there. Just 10 days. I can't begin to tell you how stoked I am about this thing. I think this will be the first time I've taken the stage by myself for a set. It's kind of daunting but, you know what? I love the stuff I'm going to talk about. I think the material I'm going to present is fascinating. I think the instruments I get to play are fantastic. I'm going to get to hang with a bunch of drummers and hear some great music. I am completely amped about the Dave Nezat clinic. I've been listening to some stuff on line and I think it's gonna be great. I love the cajun, zydeco, jazz drumming and I'm hoping to pick up some slick tricks from this guy. I just know this is going to be one great weekend.
You know, in a way this is going to be a great relief for me. I live down here in Arizona and it was 110 degrees yesterday. Colorado cool sounds real nice. Also, I'm going to take a final in Ed Psych just before I leave and I'll be done with that class, so this trip will be a nice little vacation for me.

No comments: