Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sci Fi Roots

This is the only good pic I could find of this particular piece, unfortunately the right panel is incomplete... there was water in the hole and around the bricks, but I can't find a copy and the drawing has been erased. Anyway, this is "Sci Fi Roots" 3'x7' Expo dry erase marker on bathroom mirror.

You know, because they are on mirrors, they are really hard to photograph.

Sunday, July 24, 2011


This is the first of my bathroom mirror dry erase murals. "Firefish" 3'x7' took about three weeks to draw.

If you click on the label "whiteboard" below, you can see all of my whiteboard drawings so far.

You Are Here

This one looks a bit different because I did not use any florescent markers, they have a more opaque quality. Also, I left a lot of area uncovered so that it would reflect the doors across from the mirror and create a sense of white. The title is "You Are Here" and it's 3'x7', dry erase marker on my bathroom mirror.

I don't typically do a lot of overtly political art but, living in Arizona, I've been exposed to quite a few fascist cupcakes bent on world domination and this piece is intended to ridicule them.


It's been quite some time since I've made an entry on this blog so, by golly it's high time I posted something. If you look back through this blog some you'll find a number drawings executed on whiteboard using Expo dry erase markers. I was rather proud of those for a while, however for the last six months or so, I've been doing large compositions on my bathroom mirror. I think I've gotten a whole lot better with this medium. All of it's dry erase, so it will wipe off if you bump against it and I drew it all on my bathroom mirror. This is the second of four I've completed so far (I will post the others following). Each composition is three feet tall by seven feet wide. In each composition I have created some device to allow me to leave an opening on the right side so that my wife can still use the mirror. In this case the curtains frame her side. The piece is titled "Curtains". I used a standard variety pack of twelve regular Expo's, plus a four pack of Expo florescent markers. I also used one yellow marker from some off brand. It took about two weeks to draw.