Monday, January 14, 2008

Moving Right Along

So, as I mentioned in the last post, I've run up against some difficulty with measure fifteen. I have been practicing the triplet across four beats as I said would, unfortunately it hasn't led to any great epiphany. I still don't understand how five quarter notes are to played as triplet across a measure of 4/4 time. That said, I am moving on. In order to continue forward momentum, I have memorized the sticking for measure fifteen and I am just learning it by ear/feel. While this will not open any music theory doors for me, it will allow me to progress with the piece as a whole. Hopefully, things will start to gell as I continue to play and study the measure.

Now, because the piece actually repeats the opening section after measure fifteen, I am able to play up to measure twenty-five. Some sections are smoother than others, but it will even out with practice. I feel like I'm making extremely good progress. The piece is only 30 measures.

No comments: