Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Why a Prog Drum Blog

I'm a drummer and I love Progressive Rock. I've looked around on the net and found great sites about drumming, like the Percussive Arts Society and drummerworld.com , not to mention many great artist sites. I've also found great sites dedicated to Prog Rock like progarchives.com and proggnosis.com (maybe I will compile a list) . I thought it would be great to have a site that's just about the drums and the genre, a place where I can blab about technique and concepts, listening, new bands, old bands, CD's, DVD's, concerts, and interesting sites, but with a definite focus on the drumming. Also, a place where others can share things with me.

As much as I can, I would like to talk about specifics of playing and musical concepts. For instance, the use of polyrhythms, ostinati, counterpoint, roll techniques, hand/foot combinations, linear playing, four limb independence, and so forth. If anyone has a question or a topic to suggest, I would love to hear from you.