Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Getting Going

Well here we go. The school year is about to begin and I've been working on lesson plans. I have to write lesson plans for two levels of general art, one drawing class, and two levels of percussion ensemble. Boy howdy, this is my first year as a full time teacher and this is a bit daunting. I'm excited to get started but I'm also nervous. Special thanks to my seasoned teacher friends who've been helping me out. I've definitely got big plans but I'm sure I'm in for some serious challenges. I really can't wait to get started.

So my posts of drawings have definitely been a part of this. I think I'm just getting into the mindset of being both an art and a music teacher. There are definite corollaries and I'm interested to see how I will cross over on the two subjects.

One of my seasoned teacher friends has offered to give me a set of Orff percussion instruments for my percussion classes. How cool is that? I'm almost as excited about the teaching as I am about the opportunity to have an ensemble to compose for, even if they are beginners.

No comments: